Why the final price could vary from the moving estimate
Even if a professional mover saw everything
and estimated well, unforeseen phenomena can cause variations:
- Your destination, for whatever reason, changes.
- Restricted truck road access, especially when moving
- Lack of access to an elevator, if necessary, at either
- Building or apartment moving restrictions that you did
not explain sufficiently.
- And in the most extreme of the extreme situations: Acts
of God such as fire, flood and earthquakes delay the move.
Also, the moving company will have no knowledge
of your new community other than the route, so it is up to
you to provide the necessary information to the best of your
knowledge. The more information you provide to a moving company
the better of you are.
Rest assured that most movers are anxious to
do the best job for the best price. If you have any questions
about the estimate or the final price, ask. Your mover will
be glad to explain anything that isn't clear, because he wants
you to recommend him to your friends and neighbors.
More on moving estimates